The Ithacan Historical Society is engaged in a number of ongoing projects including:
- Collection and archiving of historical material: images, documents and artefacts
- Victorian Collections database
- Oral histories: recording of stories of members
- Questionnaire project: development of database about first generation Ithacans and subsequent generation of individuals of Ithacan descent.
- Penelope's Loom: to share and maintain traditional Ithacan handicraft skills
In addition the IHS also coordinates and implements various projects and activities that promote the history of the Ithacan community in Melbourne and Victoria.
Examples of these include:
- Historical retrospectives
- Historical displays and exhibitions
- Promotion of Ithacan culinary and handicraft traditions
- Research on aspects of Ithacan settlement in Melbourne and Victoria